Well hello there, we’re Fly Paper Products, a stationery and gift brand that makes goods and gifts for book lovers and grammar geeks. We pride ourselves on clever copy, good design, and not taking ourselves too seriously. We love what we do and have a lot of fun while we do it. Our goods are currently found in 2,000+ retailers across the US. This number keeps growing and we are ready to add some stellar new people to our team.
The Fly Paper Products (FPP) Candle Production Team Member will be working on our high end candle collection. The position will involve prepping, pouring and labeling our literary candles. We want an individual who thrives on learning and likes a challenge. The ideal candidate can relate to gift and stationery retailers and may have previous retail or wholesale experience. This person is flexible and prepared to adapt to the ever changing needs of small businesses and is comfortable connecting the dots between their daily tasks and the larger FPP brand strategy. They also like creating dance party playlists, discussing the latest podcasts, and debating Trader Joe’s best snack foods.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk more. Send us your resume and, if you are so inclined, a cover letter detailing why YOU want to work with US and why WE should want to work with YOU. Tell us who you are and why you’re a great fit for this brand! We think cover letters say more about a candidate than resumes. Email them to email@example.com
What you’d be doing:
- Hands on production & packaging. Fine motor skills are necessary for a lot of what we do.
- Quality control. This is a big part of the job. We like to make sure all of our products are 99% perfect when we send them to our retailers. A good eye for detail is a must!
- Attention to detail. A little bit of OCD goes a long way when making sure our packaging looks great.
- Implementing systems to be the most productive with each task. There isn’t an assembly line, but being fast and efficient is key to getting stuff done.
- Be good people: Build supportive relationships with your FPP team. We are a no drama zone and our team is amazing.
- Be proud of what we put into the world: Enthusiasm and passion for FPP’s products and voice, and the greater stationery and gift industry
- Make the experience delightful: Work to create the best and most memorable experience for all of FPP’s potential and current customers
- Pursue continuous improvement: Use strategic thinking, attention to detail, and adaptability to contribute to FPPs growth and evolution
- A good sense of humor
Experience and Characteristics:
- Previous Candle making experience is a must!
- Job is part-time or full time and located in Ann Arbor, MI
- Year round. Must be able to work during the summer.
- Experience in retail and/or gift industry is a bonus.
- Ability to take constructive feedback and pivot as necessary
- Positive attitude
What we can offer:
- Competitive hourly rate
- 1 week paid vacation
- A flexible + fun workplace
- Plenty of free parking and/or we are on a bus line
- All the less-than-perfect greetings cards, candles and gift items your heart could desire
Fly Paper Products is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender orientation or expression, marital status or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic under applicable federal or state law.